Our culture is rooted in our values — values like integrity and honest communication. It's a culture of trust and collaboration, flexibility and diversity, a culture in which people share knowledge freely and genuinely try to bring out the very best in others. When asked why they choose to work with us, clients talk about our high level of professional ethics, our loyalty and our approachability.
This position assists physicians and clinicians with patient care duties in a medical environment that may include medical oncology, radiation oncology, diagnostic imaging, BMT or gynecologic oncology. Maintains efficient patient flow, assists with patient care, i.e. exams, procedures and patient education. Performs miscellaneous clinic support tasks including filing, answering phones and maintaining physicians schedule. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Escorts patients to and from exam rooms, physician offices, and treatment room as appropriate.
2. Records patient data prior to each physician visit, including but not limited to, vital signs, height, weight, allergies, and medication changes.
3. Obtains all necessary patient records as required by physician and verifies presence of consent prior to treatment or procedures. 4. Prepares and stocks exam/treatment rooms and orders supplies as needed.
5. Assists physicians with exams and procedures as requested.
6. Assists with delegated patient education activities including but not limited to distributing education literature, etc.
7. Obtains blood specimens from peripheral sites as needed and in accordance with OSHA and universal precautions.
8. Maintains all exam/treatment room disinfection protocols.
9. Displays excellent verbal and written communication skills.
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. Years of experience necessary for each level - entry level position requiring 0-3 years experience as a medical assistant or nursing assistant in a hospital or clinic setting
Our culture allows you to grow both as a professional and as an individual — to enjoy a challenging career and get the most from your personal life. It means you can move through out the firm or even to a different country and still find the same working culture. When we recruit, we look for people who will enjoy our culture, quickly feel at home and thrive on the opportunities it provides.